Theodore Payne Foundation posted its weekly wildflower report .
The weather has been relatively mild this past week, and a few reports from last week, like Carrizo and Torrey Pines, remain with only a few updates. Remember that wildflowers ARE by nature ephemeral, so some flowers may be on the fading side of peak bloom. Don’t be too disappointed if you only catch the end of the bloom. Think of how many seeds will be left behind for the next super bloom! By the way, the seeds are just as amazing to look at as the flowers. Check them out!
This weeks reports include
- Carrizo Plain National Monument
- Figueroa Mt.
- Antelope Valley
- Placerita Canyon Natural Area
- Anza-Borrego Desert State Park
- Joshua Tree National Monument
- Santa Monica Mts.
- Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve
- Environmental Nature Center in Newport Beach
- Elizabeth Learning Center
See full report and photos at: http://theodorepayne.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/14-AprilReport2.pdf