Best California fall foliage reports and locations.
Links to California Fall Foliage Reports:
- Natural History Wanderings Foliage Reports fall color reports posted on Natural History Wanderings
- California Fall Color a blog that exclusively covers California fall color.
- California Fall Color Map interactive fall color map by California Fall Color blog
- Parchers Bishop Creek best foliage report for the Bishop Creek Canyon area in the Eastern Sierra including North Lake, South Lake, Aspendell, and Lake Sabrina.
- Mono County Fall Color reports
- Calphoto Yahoo Group members post reports; must join to use.
- Sierra Fall Colors Sacramento Bee map rating fall color at many Sierra Nevada locations. updated on Thursdays.
- Plumas County Fall Color (foliage reports and links to drives, map and brochure).
- Sierra Nevada Fall Color Season – Coming Sooner Than You Think! A detailed and informative blog posting on photographing Eastern Sierra Fall Color on the G Dan Mitchell Photography Blog.
- National Forest Region 5 Fall Colors reports include Inyo, Tahoe and Plumas National Forests
Places to see Fall Foliage
- The Colors of Fall in California State Parks a list of California state parks that have good fall color and contact phone numbers
- Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide (eastern sierra brochure and map of fall foliage spots)
- Wanderlust: Fall foliage in the Bay Area article in San Jose Mercury News on Bay Area Fall Foliage locations.
- Bizz Johnson Trail Fall Foliage along the trail in the Eagle Lake section of BLM near Susanville. It usually peaks between mid-Oct to early November. Call BLM at 530-257-0456 to get current conditions.
- California offers Spectacular Fall Color an article by California travel and Tourism Commission on fall color locations throughout California
- Discover the Grandeur of California’s Fall Foliage YubaNet article on California Wildflower locations
- Finding Color in the Sierra Foothills and Beyond Sierra Foothill Magazine article includes Carson Pass, Hope Valley and Monitor Pass; Sonora Pass, Plumas County and Sierra Foothills
- Feather River Scenic Byway 130 mile drive starting in the Sacramento Valley, through the Sierra Nevada and finishing at the Great Basin. Considered a top 10 US fall foliage drive by Smarter Travel
- Autumn in Yosemite Michael Frye’s blog about where and when to see fall color in Yosemite
- Back roads with fall color in or near the San Gabriel Mountains posting by San Gabriel Mountains Chapter of the California Native Plants Society
- Scenic Drives for Viewing Fall Colors in Northern California by Amy Beth Beaver
- Total Escape has locations to see fall color including towns with good fall color
A very useful publication