Blue Ridge Parkway Fall Colors Tracker has the following quick summary update for 10/23/14
Past Peak (but offering long-range views of valleys below)
- Southern region of the Blue Ridge Parkway below Mt Pisgah.
- Mt Mitchell and Graggy Gardens area from around Little Switzerland to just north of Asheville.
- Boone / Blowing Rock area including Price Lake and Moses Cone Manor.
- Most elevations above 4500′.
At Peak ( 75% & up ) <= This weekend’s best outlook
- Most of the Parkway in Virginia (an hour or two drive will offer significant fall color)
- Boone / Blowing Rock area travelling north into Virginia.
- Linn Cove Viaduct / Grandfather Mountain south to Crabtree Falls
- North of Asheville to Craggy Gardens / South of Asheville to Mt Pisgah
- Most elevations in the range from 2500′ to 3750′.
Near Peak, but very colorful ( 60% to 75% )
- Roanoke & James River Areas
- Most elevations in the range from 1750′ to 2500′.
Patchy, but not green ( 10% – 50% )
- Long range views off the eastern and western escarpment.
See full Report at Blue Ridge Parkway Fall Colors Tracker.