The Richardson Bay Audubon Center Waterbird Festival is Jan 25 2014 – 10:30am – 5:00pm Come celebrate our Bay’s annual spectacle of waterbirds and Pacific herring!
Richardson Bay is teeming with migratory waterbirds this winter and we hope you can join us to celebrate this amazing local phenomenon! Our Sanctuary’s waters are an Important Bird Area within San Francisco Bay that welcomes tens of thousands of migrating waterbirds each winter. Our Bay also welcomes Pacific Herring, that only spawn in a tiny fraction of our coast where conditions are just right – and this includes our Bay.
This fun community and family friendly event is FREE and will include naturalist led bird walks and beach explorations, bird scope stations to gain a closer look at the waterbirds visiting our Bay, and interactive educational activities.
Program Schedule RSVP
- 9-10:30am Richardson Bay Bird Walk – meets at Blackie\’s Pasture RSVP
- 10am – 1pm Naturalist-led Kayak Adventure $$ RSVP
- 10:45am Sanctuary Bird Walk and Spotting Scopes on Lyford Porch RSVP
- 1-2pm Bayshore Beach Exploration RSVP
- 3:30 – 5pm Wine and cheese reception with speaker (seabird expert Anna Weinstein) $$ RSVP
Please RSVP for scheduled programs in advance.
For more information and to RSVP go to: Waterbird Festival | Richardson Bay Audubon Center & Sanctuary.