If you are heading up to the Sierra Valley for birding you might want to get a copy of the Sierra Valley Birder’s Guidebook. I especially liked the local bird checklist and description of top birding sites.
The Feather River Land Trust and Plumas Audubon Society have teamed up to create a full-color, pocket-sized booklet that includes:
- Sierra Valley and why it’s important to conserve it
- Paintings of 20 birds you’re likely to see at FRLT’s Maddalena Property
- Special Status Bird Species found in Sierra Valley
- Sierra Valley birding checklist – includes 230+ species
- Map and directions to birding hotspots
It is only five dollars. To find out how to get a copy go to the Feather River Land Trust. I ordered a copy by email and it came in a few days.