National Park entrance fee-free dates in 2013:
- January 21 Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- April 22-26 five days during National Park Week
- August 25 National Park Service Birthday
- September 28 National Public Lands Day
- November 9-11 Veterans Day weekend
If you’re planning a trip that includes multiple national parks, you might consider the $80 annual pass that provides entrance to all national parks, national wildlife refuges, national forests, and many other Federal lands-more than 2,000 in all. This America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass is offered free to all active duty military members and their dependents. Information on these and other pass options is available online.
*Fee waiver includes: entrance fees, commercial tour fees, and transportation entrance fees. Other fees such as reservation, camping, tours, concession and fees collected by third parties are not included unless stated otherwise.
- Jan. 21, Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- June 8, National Get Outdoors Day
- Sept. 28, National Public Lands Day
- Nov. 9-11, Veterans Day Weekend
On these days, standard amenity fees at federally operated sites will be waived. Participation for concession operated sites may vary.