California Fall Color just posted the following call color summary for where to see fall color in California now
Fall color has now descended to the mid elevations throughout California, with peak color occurring in the vineyards, the Sierra foothills, the San Jacinto Mountains in Southern California and on Hwy 299 between Redding and Weaverville.
Color is peaking in urban forests and orchards of the Sacramento Valley. With an approaching storm, leaf peepers and photographers are advised to go now to peaking areas, before the leaves are further denuded from branches.
- 75 – 100% – Owens Valley – The Owens Valley remains beautiful with long-lasting spots of bright color along US 395 in Bishop and Independence.
- 75 – 100% – Rock Creek – First to peak and last to peak in the Eastern Sierra, Rock Creek continues to have areas of lovely color at its lowest elevations.
- Past Peak – June Lake – Although there are small pockets of nice color found along the June Lake Loop, this area is now mostly past peak.
- Past Peak – All elevations above 5,000′ are now past peak.
- Past Peak – Yosemite Valley – The combination of snow on fall color was gorgeous in Yosemite Valley this past weekend, but this likely was the last spurt of leaf peeping to be seen in the national park.
- 75 – 100% – Color has descended along the Mother Lode with beautiful orange and yellow maples and oaks showing from the 2,000 to 4,000′ elevations.
- 75 – 100% – The urban forests in Sacramento, Modesto and cities of the northern Central Valley have been peaking for the past two weeks with beautiful color reported. Recent storms have knocked from 25% to 50% of leaves from trees, though there’s still a lot of color to be seen.
75 – 100% – Napa and Sonoma County Vineyards – As has been happening for near a month, the vineyards of Napa and Sonoma Counties have been peaking, with vineyards showing ruby, orange, yellow and lime by variety. The wine country doesn’t change all at once, it shows by plot, though lots of great color remains. Go Now!
- 75 – 100% – San Jacinto Mountains – Dazzling displays of yellow and orange have been seen among the maple and oaks of the San Jacinto Mountains near Lake Hemet, Mountain Center and Idyllwild. Go Now!
To see more reports go to: California Fall Color.