A recent article by Tom Stienstra at SF Gate Best spots to find outdoors solitude in Bay Area is about five outdoor spots to enjoy nature away from the crowds:
- Peters Creek Grove in Portola Redwoods State Park, La Honda
- Hudeman Slough in Napa-Sonoma Marsh Wildlife Area
- Murrieta Falls in the Ohlone Wilderness, Livermore
- Coit Lake a Henry W. Coe State Park, Gilroy
- Devil’s Hole in Las Trampas Regional Wilderness, San Ramon
Read his article for more information about his favorite “get away from it all” places.